1. I confirm that all information I enter into this site is, to the best of my knowledge, truthful and accurate. I confirm that I understand that my employing company (“the Company”) will be using this information for business reasons, including taxation matters, and that it is therefore my responsibility to allow them to do so by providing accurate information.
2. I confirm that I have checked the standard information held on this site regarding both my vehicle, myself as a driver, and other information where applicable, and can confirm that it is correct.
3. I confirm that I will notify my Company of any new endorsements, where applicable and where required by my Company policy, and that I am not aware of any pending prosecutions which could lead to conviction for a driving related offence.
4. I confirm that my driving licence remains fully valid and permits me to drive in the UK.
5. I agree to ensure that the vehicle will be driven within the law at all times.
6. I confirm that there are no legal, medical or other reasons which prevent me from driving. I confirm that it is my responsibility to notify the DVLA, my Line Manager, HR, and Fleet Services if I have a medical condition that affects my driving ability, as required by the Company policy.
7. I have read the Company policies on vehicle use, including the use of mobile phones whilst driving. I understand the policies and agree to comply with them.
8. I agree that my employer can process my mileage information in a manner to achieve tax efficiency for the Company, without detriment to me as an individual. If the Company is not in a position to achieve this fully, I understand they will provide me with details of what I am permitted to claim personally from HM Revenue & Customs. The Company is authorised to make payroll deductions as notified to me in respect of any arrangement in which I participate where I am required under Company policy to reimburse fuel card costs incurred by me.
9. The Company is committed to protecting the driver’s privacy. However, it is Company policy that all information collected at this site may be used by Innovation, the Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries for the purpose of mileage recording, and other appropriate business purposes. When entering information on this website, I acknowledge this policy.
10. I confirm that any vehicle for which I am receiving the mobility or car allowance is registered to me personally, and at my home address, unless agreed separately with the Company.
11. I agree in accordance with my Company’s car policy to ensure that the car I drive will be serviced in line with manufacturer requirements and will not be driven without an MOT when one is required.
12. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure the vehicle I drive is legal and roadworthy at all times.
13. If I am driving a car I own personally then:
a) I am responsible for the tax, MOT, roadworthiness, servicing costs and breakdown cover of my vehicle.
b) I confirm that I have arranged Class 1 business insurance for the car I use for business mileage, or such higher class as may be stipulated by my Company.
c) I understand that by paying me mobility or car allowance, the Company has remunerated me fully to provide a vehicle for business journeys when necessary. If this vehicle is off the road for any reason, it is therefore not the responsibility of the Company to provide alternative transportation.
d) I will claim business mileage through the Innovation Mileage Capture system. I agree that I will not claim income tax relief to which I am entitled in respect of business mileage from HMRC to the extent I have already been paid that mileage by the Company.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
(b) Types of location data we collect depend, in part, on your device and account settings. For example you can disable your activity tracking in the app settings
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
(d) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any recording of mileage data;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send you notifications regarding your use of the mileage system;
(e) provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(f) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
(g) for calculating your total business and private mileage for use in calculating the cost of private fuel to meet HMRC requirements
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our contractual obligations with your employer. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you or your employer holds with us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(5) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Innovation will take steps to ensure your data is protected at an app level. As with any mobile device, keeping your smartphone, and your personal data, safe is your responsibility.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
(8) Third party websites
Our websites and apps contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(9) Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(12) Data controller
The data controllers responsible in respect of the information collected on this website are:
Innovation Professional Services Limited, data protection registration number Z3565271,
Innovation Financial Consultancy LLP, data protection registration number Z3573280,
Innovation Human Capital Limited, data protection registration number ZA086493, and
Innovation Tax And Mileage Consulting Group Ltd, data protection registration number ZA563260.